Raffinerie Tirlemontoise is a reference in the Belgian food industry. In our company, tradition and innovation go hand in hand: we have been producing high-quality sugar from locally grown sugar beet since 1836, and every day we work towards a more sustainable future.
In order to reinforce our team in Tienen, we are looking for a (m/f)
Central Purchasing Manager (NL) - Tienen
In this new function as Central Purchasing Manager your responsibilities will focus on the conversion/packaging activities and projects part of the Group’s business. You will also give support to projects in other domains of our business when needed. You will be part of the central (BE) purchasing team located in Tienen and you will be guided and supervised in your activities by the Director of Controlling and Purchasing. Functionally you also report to the international group function purchasing, located in Mannheim, Germany.
Your overall responsibility will be to secure a qualitative and cost-efficient supply of technical goods, auxiliaries and packaging materials. Your main tasks will be the following:
- Support and verify the alignment and implementation of the procurement and Südzucker group’s guidelines over the RT sugar factories
- Coordinate group and local contracts, set up new contracts and secure the administration of service contracts
- Initiate price requests and negotiations, place purchase orders for goods and services and secure the correct cost allocation of PO’s and contracts
- Coordinate supplier evaluation, supplier scoring and corrective measures. Streamline and standardise the supplier database
- Build up a close collaboration with the local purchasers and production engineers in the different locations as well as with other people involved in the purchasing activities in Tienen and Mannheim
- Cooperate on improvement/investment projects with the respective project teams
- Perform market analysis, propose alternatives, participate in the occasional international fair
This is a highly interesting, diverse but also demanding function whereby a minimum of 5 years of technical purchasing experience in an international manufacturing group needs to be combined with a personality of bridge building and a very solid interest for and knowledge of (packaging) technologies and technical goods. Furthermore, you possess the following qualifications, competencies and personality traits:
- Master’s degree is a must (e.g. industrial or commercial engineering) or equivalent through extensive and relevant experience
- You have proven negotiation skills combined with a positive communication style
- You are a strong networker with a team spirit, can work in an autonomous way and possess high ethical standards
- You have a talent for process optimisation, working in a structured approach with respect for deadlines and budgets
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in Dutch, English and French
- Good knowledge of MS 365 (incl. Excel) is important; knowledge of an ERP system (preferably SAP) is a plus
- Willingness to travel regularly to the Belgian factories is necessary
We offer you
- An exciting and multidimensional new function with genuine responsibility and the possibility to evolve over time
- The opportunity to contribute to and impact the future of this successful company
- An attractive remuneration package including a company car and other advantages
- A dynamic working environment where team spirit, initiative, human touch and commitment are appreciated
For further information about our company, check our website www.raffinerietirlemontoise.com.
Apply by sending your cv and motivation letter to email@example.com. For more information please call Gert Olefs at +32 499 14 33 48 during weekdays from 9 am to 8 pm and on Saturdays from 11 am to 5 pm. Your application will be treated quickly and with all discretion.
Earliest Possible Start Date:
Contact: Singh, Sonia